Yeast infection or thrush is a common term these days. Even if you have never suffered from this condition, you may have heard about it from someone. It arises due to the growth of a fungus or yeast in the warm and moist areas of the body. If not treated on time, it can lead to severe diseases. Individuals with a weak immune system are prone to the yeast infection. While minor amounts of yeast present on the surface of the skin may be considered beneficial at times, but if it starts growing then it is a cause of concern. It develops due to several causes.
People often wonder how to cure yeast infection but fail to realize that without the cause not known, it cannot be treated properly. Your doctor will be able to find out the exact cause but you too must be vigilant about it.
Following are few of the common causes of yeast infection:
– it is caused due to the extensive multiplication or growth of the yeast in the different areas of the body.
– People who suffer from low immunity also contract these infections faster. Stress lowers your immunity which in turn reduces the body’s capacity to combat disease causing bacteria or fungus. Thus, yeast continues to multiply and leads to infection.
– While women are the common sufferers of this infection, the reason is the hormonal changes. During the menstruation cycle, the body goes through a few changes which may lead to a vaginal infection. This can be before, after or even during the menstrual cycle.
– Women who use various contraceptives and birth control pills are also prone to it.
– Another common cause is the use of oils or Vaseline or petroleum jelly as a lubricant during intercourse. These are the best breeding ground for the fungus and can lead to infection in both men and women.
– Pregnancy also leads to it.
– If one of the partners is suffering from the infection, it can be transmitted to the other partner during an intercourse too. But it should not be mistaken as a sexually transmitted disease.
– For those who are not aware excessive use of antibiotics can also lead to infection. These antibiotics after a long duration produce an effect in the body that triggers the growth of the fungus.
– Diabetes mellitus is also one of the major causes because the imbalance in the blood sugar levels affects the immunity and the body’s ability to heal.
There is a yeast infection treatment for all the possible cases. Your doctor may prescribe certain drugs or ointments to get rid of the infection. However basic hygiene is very important especially in the genital areas. Your armpits, mouth, thighs, skin under breasts are also equally affected by infection. One must try and keep them dry and cool as yeast grows in moist and warm areas.
There are also some indirect factors that may cause yeast infection. Though they may not always lead to an infection, but can definitely lead to conditions that trigger the growth of the fungus. Some of these indirect causes are as follows:
– Perfumes, dyes or other synthetic products may lead to such infections sometimes especially if they are of a substandard quality.
– Wearing tight clothes during summers can cause more warmth and moisture in many areas of the body.
– Irregular food habits and improper nutrition affects the immune system and thus may lead to it.
– Excessive sweating may also lead to such infections as it disturbs the pH level of the body.
In any case one must find the yeast infection cure at the earliest to avoid it from spreading throughout your body.
Go to article